Corryong State School first opened in 1874. It was situated about 1.5kms west of today’s junior campus. This site proved difficult for may students to access. In August 1877 a new school building and residence was opened on the current junior campus site. In 1917 Corryong State School was gazetted as Corryong Higher Elementary School (HES). This enabled the school to provide formal education beyond Year 8 and up to Year 10 level, avoiding the need for students to undertake further education at larger centres. However, at that time the district was not served by the extensive bus system now in place so that outlying students were not well-accommodated. Development of the HES was slow. In August of 1950 delegates representing the committees of several district schools met to discuss the formation of Corryong Consolidated School. At the beginning of 1951 students were bussed from several of the valleys where the one teacher schools had been closed.
By 1950 land (the present senior campus site) was acquired for the growing HES. The introduction of an extensive bus service and the increased interest generated by the consolidated schools throughout Victoria greatly increased the demand for local secondary education.
In April 2002 Corryong Consolidated School and Corryong Secondary College merged to become Corryong College, a P – 12 school. The recommendation to become a P-12 school followed twelve months of investigation by the Local Proposal Committee (LPC) and School Councils and was made after much community and staff consultation. The formal proposal to become a P-12 school was sent to the DE&T in November of 2001, was duly accepted and resulted in the formation of the new school of Corryong College. The basis on which the committee founded its recommendations was to provide the best possible educational opportunities for young people in the Corryong District.
Sustained community effort led to the school’s establishment in 1953 and over many years the school community has worked hard to establish and maintain buildings and grounds of a high standard.
Special features include a new administration block, Community and Activity Centre, Commonwealth library and careers office, technical workshops, modern computer laboratories, outdoor education enterprises, school farm, plantation and special purpose rooms for Instrumental Music, Drama and Distance education.
A Vocational Training Centre was build on site in 1993/94. This centre is managed jointly by Wodonga Institute of TAFE the Corryong Community Education Committee and the College and provides educational and additional opportunities for the local community.